Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I was lost but now I am found by my footprints in mustard!!

So yes I have been missing in action..I have been more busy with the kids since they are on summer break and it is now my job to play short order cook and entertain my little ankle biters...At least that is what I call them today. It started out much last everyother day except Abby decided that she needed to pour out the mustard, because "mommy I wanted hotdogs" Well she did't even eat a hot dog she just poured out the mustard..She makes me scratch my head so much I will have a bald spot I am sure.

We had an awesome trip to lake of the woods in Wautoma Wisconsin. http://lakeofthewoodswi.com/We needed the drama free get away and time to flush out the bad in our life and start a new with just us....Sometimes the bad stuff floates to the surface and needs cleaned out...Thats just what we did. I had the best time playing with the kids and grilling out with the hubby. I think its important to get away from the high speed world and rough it a bit.

Hannah went to Girl Scout camp in June. She loved it. It was her first time at overnight camp and she stayed 3 days and 2 nights.  She then came home and we wen to a mother daughter weekend with Girl Scouts-now that was roughing it mosquito nets and all.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=67085&id=1406493115&l=4fefaa2562

I will be doing this again with her next year, it was fun.Oh another place to go in the Chicago area is wild west town-our kids loved it..Not really for older kids but my kids thought it was the best surprise ever.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=63821&id=1406493115&l=5128c6813a

Some awesome recipes from relishrelish.com, they even have a gluten free site. I made a yummy brisket burrito in the crock pot. It was to feed 6. relish relish is awesome they pull your recipes together and make you a grocery list. It tells you if its crockpot, kid friendly, vegan and several other things highly recommend them

[I] Shredded Beef Burritos


Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 6-8 hours

per serving: 397 calories; 48 grams protein; 13 grams total fat; 2 grams fiber;

5 grams saturated fat; 19 grams carbohydrates; 113 mgs cholesterol; 376 mgs

sodium

3 3/4 pounds beef brisket

1 1/2 cups water

1 1/2 packets taco seasoning

1 1/2 white onions , chopped

3 teaspoons garlic, minced

1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt

1 1/2 cups cilantro, chopped (more for garnish)

6 10-inch flour tortillas

6 green onions , chopped

1/3 cup sour cream

3/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese

1/3 cup prepared chunky salsa

[1] Place the water and taco seasoning in the slow cooker and

mix well. Add the onion and garlic and mix well.

[2] Trim fat from the brisket and rub salt into the meat evenly.

Place the brisket in the slow cooker and top with cilantro. Cover

and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

[3] Remove the brisket from the slow cooker to a cutting board

and let it cool slightly. Using 2 forks, shred the meat into bite-size

pieces. Place back in the slow cooker to absorb the juices.

[4] Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat

in the microwave. Fill the tortillas with shredded beef and garnish

with green onions, sour cream, cheese, fresh cilantro, and salsa.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! This recipe sounds fabulous. Of course I am printing it out to use next week. It sounds like you have been keeping busy and that the girls are all having a great summer. I need to call and chat with you soon. Been too long since we caught up. Miss you not being here in DC area. :(

    ReplyDelete