Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tomorrow is the day April 1st,!!!

April brings to light so many things! Its almost Easter, the kids are out of school and as excited as I was for Hannah and Abby to be out of school, its kinda like a buyers remorse moment. I almost want to give up yelling for lent. My folks will be here on Saturday and I am trying to get so much done to prepare for their arrival. However the harder I work the harder the kids work against me. So I will wait until they go to sleep and the mommy vampire will spread her cleaning wings and scrub.

Ok so for tomorrow nights menu, not sure what to do for April fools dinner. I have always wanted to have fun with the kids. So I am probally going to do the backwards dinner thing. Meatloaf that looks like a iced cake, Dessert that looks like mashed potaoes peas and carrots. I will probally do fish stick cookies. I will have the kids do something fun to freak their dad out. I love driving him mad it is soooo easy.
What You Need:
Peanut butter log candy
Peas-and-carrots candy mix
Vanilla ice cream
Caramel or butterscotch topping

What You Do:
On each dinner plate, arrange four or five peanut butter logs (to look like fish sticks) and a small handful of the candy mix (for vegetables).

Right before serving, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt to each plate for "mashed potatoes." Top with gravy -- a spoonful of caramel sauce or butterscotch topping.

 
My final thought -It is time to start preparing my garden which because of Abby looks like a mud pit with italain parsley. I found this list of easy to grow stuff . Maybe this will help you find your green thumb.

Easy to grow crops include onions, peas, beets, rutabaga and zucchini squash. These can also be planted early.Tomatoes and peppers need to be started from seed indoors about 8 weeks prior to planting time or purchased as transplants. Be sure to space things in your small garden according to the instructions on the packets. And make sure you plant your tender crops (tomatoes, squash, beans and watermelon) after all danger of frost has passed. Ask the old timers in the area when this date is. One common mistake people make, especially in the northern climates, is to plant everything when the weather turns nice only to succumb to a frost a week or two later, thus wiping out all their hard work. Plant by the expected last frost dates, not the weather. Wow if that is not an ah ha moment. I almost became that person. I am sure because it was in the 70's today it will be snowing next week.


 
Oh I made lead consultant with Scentsy that is a promotion a month. I have 1 person under me (Annette De Angelis) and another that signed up today( Jen Tringl) they are both teachers. Maybe they will proof my blog (you wish). What a great business for my candle addiction. Paying down some medical bills and even helping some animals at Fur Angels. They help place animals that would have a hard time getting adopted in foster care until they can find a home.
Some events that are going on that you should look into and support:
MORGYPALOOZA.INFO (Morgan Strub is a beloved husband, brother, son, uncle and friend who has been quietly battling a rare form of cancer for years but only recently diagnosed in June 2009. His strength and spirit has profoundly inspired all who have been there to support him in this fight)

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Fawnda over at Fireflies and Jellybeans.

    I love this backwards dinner idea for April Fool's My boys would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linked to your blog from Fireflies & Jellybeans...

    What a great idea! I'm bookmarking this to use next year!!

    ReplyDelete